Hey guys! Sorry for being a bit MIA this week, I've been really busy! As I've mentioned several times before, I spent Christmas in windy Wellington. Not even gonna lie, I'm now officially in love with the place. Wellington, I'll come back soon!
No, really. I study at Massey University and it has 3 campuses across New Zealand, including Wellington! My friend and I really want to spend at least 1 semester in Wellington and Palmerston North... can't wait!!!
Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas :)
*heavy photo post ahead.
- I started this blog on late August. I've been an internet whore since I was like 12 so I'm pretty much savvy with the whole internet thing. Aka if you're a 50 year old pedophile who's pretending to be an innocent girl, I'll know.
- Not even gonna lie, I started this blog because I like talking about myself. You'll find that most of my posts are super duper long.
- Oh, I like lists too.
- I am brainstorming new ideas for advertising! New changes will be announced before New Year :) Previous sponsors will get an email from me about it! If you're keen to know more about the new options, feel free to shoot me an email or simply holla at me on Twitter.
- If you appreciate my sarcastic remarks, humour, and sexual innuendos, we'll get along just fine.
- Don't take everything I say seriously.
- I'm actually tired, just go to my 'about me' section and read the whole damn thing.
FINALLY, I'm looking for bloggers who want to guest post on blog since I will be away for a couple of days :) And if you're in Wellington, holla at me. I will drag you to Mermaid's and buy you a drink. Do they even have male strippers there? Guess we'll find out ;)
- Midnight - Miguel invited me to go to fucking Showgirls. The name of the place is self-explanatory.
- 10 AM - Miguel invited me to watch 'The Hobbit'.
- Saw the big ass Santa at Queen Street. I personally think he lost a lot of weight.
- I pigged out on Kiwiyo (Red Velvet froyo + blueberries + white chocolate + chocolate sauce + whipped cream) It's freaking hot here in NZ (yeah yeah we celebrate Christmas on summer, it sucks balls) so the only solution is to buy froyo every chance I get.
Okay, enough with that. It's already the 21st here in NZ... and I guess we're still alive! I wonder if social media sites and Google have prepared something "special" for this day? Google changes its logo on special holidays... I hope they'll show us something cool for this "event" too!
I also made a list... post-apocalyptic thoughts and plans:
- After the holidays, I still have about 2 months of school break. I will re-open my shop and continue working on my blog. There will be a couple of changes around 'Lovely Serendipity'... I'll post more about it when I figure it all out.
- In relation to that, I will be posting a survey soon. I just want to gather my readers' thoughts as well. I would REALLY appreciate any feedback! :) More details soon.
- I will be co-hosting a giveaway next month! Where? Guess ya'll have to follow me on Twitter to find out ;)
- If I don't die today, it means that I still need to pay my student loan.
- Why can't the world just end today
- Go back to Showgirls and watch 'em sexy ladies do the sexy dance.
- Would it actually make the majority of people happy if the world really ends today?
- If satan tells me the real date of the apocalypse, I think I will rush to the nearest bank and borrow a huge amount of money. Time to splurge on the things I never had...but always see on the internet (ehem high end products)
- Maybe go on a cruise as well.
- And take a call boy with me to keep me company???
I don't even know what the hell I just typed. I'm so tired; I've been out the whole week! But today, I'll just stay at home and watch some movies. But if Miguel invites me to go to Showgirls again... who am I to refuse?
Ya'll have a merry apocalypse!
I am now officially broke
Are there any other tips that you would like to share?
(Like this post? Please submit it on StumbleUpon, thanks!)
First of all, I am really sorry for mistyping your name all the time. I first wrote 'Dear Satan' instead of 'Dear Santa' I swear, it was not my intention at all to call you the devil. But if you won't bother reading this, then I may consider calling you that after all.
The main purpose of this letter is to thank you for the wonderful presents that you gave me last year. I almost thought that you cursed the shit out of me since the start of 2012 was really the worst time of my life (really? a tough break up and not ending up going to the only university that I applied to? that's a really great way to scare me!!!) But at least you came to your senses and eventually gave me a much better and deserved treat! I met a lot of people and had so many wonderful opportunities; I can never thank you enough! It was really thoughtful of you to shower me with those beautiful things even though my family never bothered cleaning the chimney (We moved to a new house though that has no chimney; I'll leave the windows open so you won't have to make up a shitty excuse for not delivering my presents this coming year)
In case you're getting really old (and fatter) here's a quick recap of the things you gave me:
- Macbook which I love to bits and pieces.
- Canon 60D that's too heavy to carry everywhere but I love it anyway.
- Sudden change of heart. Took a double degree (Marketing and Info Sys) instead of Psychology, which was my plan since I was like 15.
- Sudden change of uni too. Original plan was to go to Wellington and study at Victoria... I never thought I would end up at Massey... which requires me 4 hours of travel everyday. You're not only fat, you're unpredictable too.
- Awesome friends who made me spend a lot of money on food.
- Credit Card.
- $13,000 student loan.
- A lot of vinyl records.
- This blog... that I need to maintain.
- Winning numerous giveaways. I feel so damn lucky every time I get an email saying that I won.
- Random, sleazy men who boosted my self-esteem. One I'll never forget is that time when some dude just placed his arms around me while I was drinking chocolate milk tea with pearls... and told me that my ass is better than Kim Kardashian's. I choked on the pearls but that's completely okay, it definitely made my day.
Things I want this year:
- iPhone 5. Seriously, I'm stuck with this shitty N95!!! I want to upload pics of my meals on Instagram too!!! Can't do it on a fat Nokia phone, can I?
- Good grades. I want to study abroad on 2014, so I need this really badly!!! Martin will hate me for leaving him at Massey but who cares.
- Ticket back to my home land!!! I don't mind being stuck at Economy class, a 12-hour flight won't be that bad.
- More business opportunities.
- Meet more awesome people.
- More thrill!!! Gossip Girl is about to end and I need more dose of Blair and Georgina scheming. I used to do it when I was like 12 (not kidding here) Can I have that opportunity again?! It was so fun. My nannies and house maids really hated me though omfg.
- Good health for my loved ones! Fuck cancer.
- More random nights in town during uni days. Delicious food and unexpected trips = best way to get through the year!
- Win the lotto. I swear, I won't call you fat anymore. I'll even pay for your liposuction!!! :)
That's it for now!!! Oh and if you're really busy to read all the things that I listed above, just read my previous post (Fuck Cancer!) :) That's my top one priority right now :)
PS: Thank you for your heartfelt emails and comments regarding yesterday's post. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers, I'm sure my grandma does too :)
- Been working like crazy for the past few weeks... and it feels really good! I like keeping myself busy and productive :)
- During the weekend, I decided to give myself a break. Not because I want to, but because I needed to... needed to restore my energy and allow my brain to rest.
- It was my mum's 48th birthday yesterday :) Had a fancy dinner at some great restaurant but I had a mild headache due to my excessive time spent in front of my laptop.
- Today, I need to make up my mind whether I'll volunteer at Sylvia Park or not. Everyone's nagging me but I'm not sure if I can handle the pressure. Gah, I wish I had more confidence in myself.
- I am drinking a warm cup of Swiss Miss as I type this... but I bet you're not surprised ;) Everyone knows I'm a sucker for that.
- Finally got my exam results. I can finally breathe... and not worry about any uni-related stuff until March (yes bitches, I'm on a 4-month summer break)
- It just hit me that my parents are getting older and weaker every single day. It's like a wake up call when I took my parents' photos yesterday, realised that they are no longer the young couple that they used to be. It makes me incredibly sad that time goes by so fast... and I feel like I've wasted a lot of time that I could have spent with them.
- Fuck cancer... which leads to my next important appeal.
Regarding sponsorships, I can discuss other options with you. If you would like to host a solo/group giveaway, we can set that up. If you have any queries or sponsorship ideas, I'm sure we can work this out as well. Just flick me an email and we'll go on from there.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. I wish I could spend my Christmas with my grandma, too bad she's oceans away from us. If you read my previous post, I stated there that I'm deciding whether I should get a "real" job. I think the answer is yes. I'm not sure if I can balance my work as a freelancer and a full time employee but we'll see. I just want to see my grandma next year :)
- Why do mannequins have nipples? I always ask this question but no one has given me a great answer yet. I'm really determined to find out the logic behind this. Google's no help either.
- Men can see how large (or small) our boobies are, why can't we see how big (or tiny) their penises are? Life is really unfair.
- Why did I stop taking piano lessons?
- Where do I want to take this blog? Should I brainstorm its direction?
- Should I finally start looking for a "real" job?
- If I could magically make a movie, it will be about Amazing Race - gone wrong. Some horror film about the contestants getting lost during the game (which includes their cameramen, of course) This is a much better version of Paranormal Activity and Quarantine, don't you worry ;)
- Should I shift to another course?
- Should I reconsider transferring to Auckland University?
- Should I move out?
- I don't like summer, I would rather be at uni right now than living a 4-month holiday, and I can't wait for Christmas to be over. I used to think it was a teenage rebel phase; but I guess my interests will always be different from the majority.
- The only "celebration" that I really appreciate is Halloween - and that's the only event that NZ doesn't really care much about. I think I need to move soon.
- I have nothing to look forward to at the moment... and it sucks.
- Gossip Girl is about to end... WHAT NOW?
- I've been on Blogger for almost 4 months and I already won (*counts) 8 giveaways. I should REALLY buy a lotto ticket soon ;)
- My room is colour green and it drives me insane. I LIKE PASTEL PINK!!!
- I've been browsing through some blog chats lately (different sites, not Twitter) and a particular issue seems to stand out: Questioning why bloggers who don't sell anything/aren't business owners, pay for advertisement. Some claim that they are only wasting their money to become popular. In my opinion, I think there's NOTHING wrong with that. You may tell yourself that the number of followers/readers doesn't matter at all, but guess what? it does, and you know that. I would be lying to myself if I say it doesn't, because what's the main point of beautifying my blog and writing this down if no one's reading it? I do invest a lot of money on ads, and yes I have an online shop. But even if I don't, I would still consider advertising on big time blogs because I want other people to see what I'm writing.
- I hate weekends.
Someone who won't do my homeworks - Mr. Mallari is giving me a hard time since I always get low marks in Maths. I want to be with someone who will give me all the answers... Is this even possible??? Haha boys are dumb. I tried getting Paolo's Math book but he got mad. I thought he had a crush on me?
Someone who does not like Star Wars and Beyblade - None of my girl friends know my favourite show and movie and that's okay since I don't like Bratz anyway. But I think all boys know Star Wars and Beyblade, so not possible for them not too!!! They are boys!!!???! Duh!!??
Someone who is not smart - Since I was in kindergarten, I have always liked smart boys. I always get an award every term and I think my parents will get mad if I marry a dumb boy. My mum said dumb people won't have a bright future. Maybe I will marry a doctor someday.
Someone who does not know who Spongebob is - I think boys who don't know who Spongebob is are either pretending to be tough and like the much cooler stuff or just plain poor to afford cable. Maybe if they don't have cable, he won't have money for dates too. Girls should never pay for dates.
Someone who will make fun of me for still listening to Britney Spears and Mandy Moore - I think if a guy really likes me, he should not laugh that I still burn Britney and Mandy songs on my CDs. I tried so hard not to like them anymore but I can't do it. Love me or hate me.
Someone who is a bully - Last year, 2 boys made fun of my hair because it looks like a bird's nest. They are cute but so mean. I don't want my future husband to make fun of me too. I will have a hair surgery someday when I already have a job.
Someone who will tell me to be like any other woman out there in the whole wide world - My mum always tells me that no boy will ever like me because I am too demanding, noisy, so unlady-like, and leave my stuff everywhere. My dad married my mum because she is a perfect woman but what about me? :( I think I can still change but if I can't, just need to find the boy who will still marry me. Or maybe I can marry a woman too? I will ask mum later and update this.